If you have spent any time at a modern day wedding, you’ll be sure to remember that the father daughter dance is a staple of any wedding reception. It’s a sweet moment that the bride can share with her father or special role model in front of her family and friends on her wedding day. This is why when you are the one in the spot light you want to really think about the best father daughter wedding dance songs you can dance to.
For some brides, choosing the father daughter dance song comes easy. For others, it can really be a struggle because, after all, you want to choose the perfect song. So if you are one of those that has been going around in circles when it comes choosing a song, we have some options for you to consider for that special moment. Whether you want to go country, classical, or even indie, there’s a song for you and your dad!
Why Should You Have a Father-Daughter Dance at Your Wedding?
Before you can pick a father daughter dance song, you have to think, what does the father daughter dance symbolize? Which memories take you back to the days when you were a little girl. Your answer to this question can lead you in the perfect direction when it comes to picking wedding day songs.
For many the father daughter wedding dance will represent the gratitude a bride has for her father as she enters the next chapter of her life as a married woman. So it truly doesn’t matter if you select a fan favorite Taylor Swift hit or take it back to simpler times with some of your father’s favorites like the Beach Boys or Rolling Stones, all that matters is if the songs speaks to you.
How Do You Choose a Father-Daughter Dance Song?
When choosing your father daughter song, you have to consider the genre of music, the lyrics, and the overall tone of the song. We know that this knowledge may not come easily to everyone, which is why we’ve compiled some tips to get you going in the right direction.
Pick a Genre You Both Love
Some fathers and daughters love country music, while others are into the more classical songs. Once settle on a genre, you can choose songs that fit in that mold
Think of Your Relationship
Think back on your relationship with your father through the years. Is there a song that symbolizes that bond? This may help steer you in the right direction.
Think about the Good Memories
As you choose a father daughter wedding song, reminisce about good memories shared. Try to remember specific events that trigger good memories that can be told in a song. There’s bound to be something that fits.
Remember Lessons Learned
We all learn some tough lessons as we grow up. Think about the lessons you’ve learned and the tough decisions you and your dad had to make. Try to find a song that relates to those lessons.
Settle on a Style
Some brides and their fathers want a fast song, while others prefer something slower. Choose a style and then find a song that suits the two of you.
Types of Father Daughter Wedding Songs
Fast, slow, upbeat, traditional…whatever genre you fall into, below are a few songs to consider for that special dance.
Upbeat Father-Daughter Dance Songs
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison
- “American Girl” by Tom Petty
- “Dance Like Yo Daddy” by Meghan Trainor
- “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder
- “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns n Roses
Indie Wedding Songs For Father Daughter Dance
- “There Will Be Time” by Mumford & Sons
- “Two Slow Dancers” by Mitski
- “Let’s Find an Out” by Snail Mail
- “Sleepwalking” by Modest Mouse
- “You are the Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne”
Instrumental And Classic Father Daughter Dance Songs
- “My Little Girl” by Tim Mcgraw
- “Daughters” by John Mayer
- “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King
- “Moonlight Sonata” by Beethoven
- “I Wish You Love” by Frank Sinatra
- “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
- “What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
- “Dream a Little Dream of Me” by Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong
Fun Country Father Daughter Dance Songs
- “Ready, Steady, Don’t Go” by Billy Ray Cyrus
- “In My Daughter’s Eyes” by Martina McBride
- “There Goes My Life” by Kenny Chesney
- “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
- “Remember Me” by Johnny Cash
- “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack.
- “The Man Who Loves You The Most,” by Zac Brown Band
The Most Unique Father-Daughter Dance Songs
- “Glory” by Jay-Z featuring Blue Ivy
- “Father and Daughter” by Paul Simon
- “By Your Side” by Sade
- “To Know Him is to Love Him” by Amy Winehouse
- “In My Life” by The Beatles
These are just a few ideas if you’re looking for the perfect song for brides and their fathers on the dance floor.
Where Can You Learn To Dance for Your Father Daughter Wedding Dance?
If you’re ready to truly have the best father daughter dance your guest have seen, we’ve got you covered with wedding dance lessons at The Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Raleigh. We offer lessons for your first dance, mother son dance, father daughter dance, wedding party dances, and more! We’ll teach you all you need to know when it comes to dancing for a wedding.