A Moment to Remember Forever…Your First Dance as Husband and Wife
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding day! Many couples look forward to their wedding with excitement and maybe a touch of nervousness. However, the thought of the first dance in front of family and friends causes anxiety for many couples who have maybe never danced in a formal setting before. The worry, anxiety, and uncertainty of dance steps can lead to dreading the first dance or even feeling so self-conscious you may not enjoy it!
But, with a few dance lessons for your wedding, the right planning, you can turn your worry into confidence, and we can help!
At our dance studio in Raleigh, we help couples who are planning a wedding step out on the dance floor with confidence so they can truly enjoy their first dance as a married couple. In addition to engaged couples, we also work with families for the father and daughter dance, and even teach moves for social dances so the crowd can have a blast during the reception!
Want more information on our Wedding Dance Lessons? Call Now!
Benefits of Dance Lessons for Your Wedding
Your reception is one of the most memorable events of your life, and whether it’s your first dance with your spouse or a dance with your parent, you want to feel confident during this joyful occasion (instead of just awkwardly swaying back and forth). Perhaps you even want a special dance to correspond with a meaningful song or even create a unique, choreographed dance with your wedding party to entertain the guests.
Instead of trying to get tips from online videos or practice in your living room, having a professional guide you through steps, correct your form, and make sure you retain what you learn can help you shine on the dance floor.
Additional benefits include:
- Having a scheduled date night with your partner amid all the chaos of wedding planning can be a fun way to connect.
- Get a bit of exercise that’s much more enjoyable than hitting the gym.
- Relieve stress by hitting the dance floor, plus you can ease your anxiety about your wedding dance.
How to Make the Most of Wedding Dance Lessons
If you’re considering scheduling dance lessons for your wedding, here are some tips for making the most of your lessons:
- Don’t wait until last minute! We recommend scheduling classes between four and six months out. This gives you plenty of time and also, as your wedding approaches, more emergencies may pop up.
- Come together. Dancing with your partner in a lesson rather than showing him or her the moves when you get home will be much more successful.
- Wear the same type of shoes to your lessons as you plan to wear at your reception. You don’t want to practice in flats only to find out on the dance floor that you can’t move in your heels.
- Have a song ready or even a few to choose from and we can help you choose.
Popular Wedding Songs for Couples
- At Last – Etta James
- All of Me – John Legend
- When a Man Loves a Woman – Percy Sledge
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheerhan
- Crazy Love – Van Morrison
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
Popular Father-Daughter Dance Songs
- Butterfly Kisses – Bob Carlisle
- Daughter – Louden Wainwright III
- Over the Rainbow – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- My Girl – The Temptations
- I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
- Daughters – John Mayer
- Unforgettable – Natalie Cole & Nat King Cole
Schedule a Private Wedding Dance Lesson Today
To get started with your wedding dance lessons, schedule a consultation today with our dance studio in Raleigh. Our first session will involve bringing your music and trying some basic steps, then you can see our wedding programs to determine what’s right for you.
We can schedule wedding consultation anytime Monday – Friday between 12:00 noon and 10:00 pm and on select Saturdays. To learn more about any of our dance classes, give us a call at (919) 872-0111 or fill out the contact form below! You will be AMAZED with your wedding dance!