Jive developed from the popular American dances of the 1930’s such as Boogie-Woogie, East Coast Swing, Jitterbug, Lindy Hop, Rock n’ Roll, Shag, etc. Eventually, all of these styles of dance would be coupled under the umbrella of “Jive”, but in the 1940’s a combination of these styles was given the name “Jive” and the dance was born.
Jive is composed of the same six and eight count pattern of East Coast swing. The music is written in 4/4 time and should be played at a tempo of about 38-44 bars per minute.
Jive is a spot dance that does not move along the line of dance. International Jive style is characterized by relaxed and spring action with lots of flicks and kicks in the advanced style.
Want more information on our Jive Dance Lessons? Call Now!
Benefits of Learning to Jive:
- It is a great cardio workout and strengthens your legs, glutes, and core
- Jive is a fast, upbeat, fun style of dance
- Dance classes are a great way to meet new people and make new friends
- Dancing as been shown to improve your brain health and relieve stress
- Your self-esteem and confidence are sure to get a boost from dance lessons
Learn to Jive at Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Raleigh!
Ready to learn to Jive Give us a call at (919) 872-0111 or fill out the contact form below to schedule your first lesson! (If you’re new to Fred Astaire Dance Studio in Raleigh, take advantage of our new student special!)