West Coast Swing dancing is a very smooth style of dance. Unlike other styles of Swing, West Coast doesn’t have lifts, kicks, or jumps. It’s a more understated style that allows the dancers to improvise steps. West Coast Swing is generally done to medium tempo music, which is slower than its East Coast counterpart.
Whether you’re brand new to dancing or you’re just new to West Coast Swing, our instructors tailor your private lessons to your skill level. Your group lessons are a great opportunity to dance with new partners, meet new people, and learn new steps!
Benefits of West Coast Swing
- It’s a great workout, burning around 300 calories per hour
- It strengthens and tones your legs and glutes
- Dance classes are a great way to meet new people and make new friends
- Dancing as been shown to relieve stress and improve your brain health
- Many of our students say their self-esteem and confidence get a boost from dance lessons
Get a feel for West Coast Swing:
Learn West Coast Swing at Fred Astaire of Raleigh!
Ready to learn West Coast Swing? Give us a call at (919) 872-0111 or fill out the contact form below to schedule your first lesson! (New to Fred Astaire Dance Studio in Raleigh? Take advantage of our new student special!)