Knowing how to dance can be a fun skill that can be useful in nearly any social situation. The adventure of struggling to remember those first few dance moves to dancing a whole song, the confidence gained is a feeling like none other. It is hard to tell which method best learning how to dance.
In this post, we will cover 2 options for learning how to dance, private dance lessons and group dance classes.
Group Dance Classes in Raleigh
Benefits of Group Dance Classes
- They are Social- Group Dance Classes are typically groups of anywhere from 10 to 20+ people. One of the best parts is you usually get a chance to switch partners and meet other dance enthusiasts like yourself.
- Set Structure- Group Dance Classes are great for structure because they usually consist of a specific set plan either for the one session or an itinerary for several weeks of group classes.
- Variety- With the structure of class comes particular patterns you will learn within each dance. In some cases, a multi-week session will teach a different dance week to week.
Drawbacks of Group Dance Classes
- Set Pace- Due to the fact that there is a set schedule, it is easier for newer people to get lost because of the pace, especially when the class builds week to week.
- No Personalization- You are taught the way that works best for the class, not necessarily what works best for you.
Private Dance Lessons in Raleigh
Benefits of Private Dance Lessons
- Personalized Instruction- Private dance lessons give your instructor the flexibility to teach according to your learning style and at your skill level.
- Faster Progression- With individualized attention, the instructor can quickly address your needs and untangle any tie-ups in your progress.
- Continuity- Where group classes can hop from one dance to the next, private dance lessons offer the continuity to learn the dance of your choice to the level you want and then move into dances that relevant to the one you just learned.
In conclusion, both will teach you how to dance, but ultimately you should consider what you want to get out of your dance lesson experience?
For those that want to get all of the benefits that learning to dance has to offer, blending the two styles is a great option. Group dance classes will introduce you to great moves, and private dance lessons will give you the knowledge, technical skills and confidence to own those skills and really dance them.
Our Raleigh private and group dance classes range from Ballroom to Latin to Swing, and everything in between! If you’re ready to Jive, Waltz, Hustle, and Mambo your way to great physical and mental health, call us at 919-872-0111 to schedule your first appointment or learn more about our group classes and private lessons!
No partner required! We can’t wait to dance with you!